A blog is a great way to connect with your audience, but the biggest problem people have when writing web content is remembering who they are connecting with here is a list of do’s and don’ts of blog writing for business owners, that will connect them to their blog audience.
- Keep it simple to Read – Yes we all know that words increase content, but you must also remember your blog audience don’t want to read a novel, simple bite-sized chunks. are what people want online
- Don’t get too technical – Think of it this way, you don’t go on a hotel website to read about how they make beds and the special folds they use for towels some things are given. Remember that you blog audience want to enjoy the read and not get bogged down by technicalities.
- Don’t give all your information away but prove your knowledge in a blog – A blog is a great way to demonstrate your knowledge, but retain the balance of showing your knowledge without giving away your talents or information.
- Make it shareable – People are less likely to share a blog post, if it too salesy, too technical, and boring, keep it light and encourage readers to share your blog online
- Answer Frequently asked questions – Every business have Frequently Asked Questions, think about what people ask you about what you do when talking about your business face to face, these may be also questions people type into Google and may end up finding your site as a result
- Consider what your audience wants to receive – Many Bloggers or first-time online business focus on what they want to tell their audience, rather than what audience want to gain,
- Write attractive interesting headlines – Interesting headlines will catch the attention such as “10 interesting ways to….” or “8 things we bet you didnt know about..”.
- Ask for feedback – Ask your readers if there is anything that the would like you to answer in your next blog post.